Monday, September 30, 2013

Nikon BM-11 Monitor Cover for Nikon D7000 Digital SLR Camera

Nikon BM-11 Monitor Cover for Nikon D7000 Digital SLR CameraThis cover does what it's supposed to do: protect the LCD screen while the camera is in storage. It is NOT meant to be used as a protector in the field, i.e., while using the LCD screen on the camera when taking or reviewing pictures. Check page 17 of the D7000 manual. The plastic degrades the image quality too much to be of any real use other than the intended one.

Happy shooting!

Okay, so I don't necessarily like purchasing backup accessories, but I felt the need to purchase this monitor cover. Mostly, to have "just in case". I own a Nikon D40 (and used to own the D5000) and find I am constantly cleaning my LCD monitors to get rid of fingerprints and smudges. Now that I own the D7000 that comes with the monitor cover, I really like having the cover to protect the screen.

I keep the monitor cover on my camera 100% of the time. I have no problems playing back and seeing my photos clearly. The cover does get typical smudges, but I can easily remove them with my fingers. There's no streaking and no issues with using the cover.

I've had my camera for a few weeks now and have taken over 1000 pictures. There are no scratches on the monitor cover. I think this is a durable cover and most importantly protects the LCD monitor.

Buy Nikon BM-11 Monitor Cover for Nikon D7000 Digital SLR Camera Now

I purchased a Nikon BM-11 Monitor Cover for my D7K when I bought it, though I didn't realize one was included. It's a good thing too, as I broke the original one, trying to take it off the camera on my first real shoot. Worked the day without it, being careful not to scratch the monitor while doing so. I'm ordering two more today, to have backups, for when I break the one I'm currently using. I don't have a problem seeing my pictures through it, though I know this isn't how it was designed to work. I find that I'm always pressing my sweaty face up against the monitor when taking pictures, and I like knowing that I'm not messing up the monitor. I upgraded to the D7K from the Nikon D-40, and I didn't have a monitor cover on that camera, and you can sure tell it by looking at it.

I rarely use a camera bag, so when I'm storing the camera for transport, it's tucked into the tour pack on my Harley, or laying on the seat of my truck. I'm going to try to conscientiously use the BM-11 on this camera, to keep it looking new longer. I just wish they were easier to take off, so I didn't break the damn things.

Read Best Reviews of Nikon BM-11 Monitor Cover for Nikon D7000 Digital SLR Camera Here

For this much money they could have given us a scratch proof Gorilla Glass!! This one gets scratches even if I rub a soft toothbrush on it!! Does the job of protecting my screen but does not make any sense for me to keep this on and do photography... Just does not give me a good review of my pictures. Too costly. Better get a adhesive screen guard!

Want Nikon BM-11 Monitor Cover for Nikon D7000 Digital SLR Camera Discount?

The Nikon BM-11 Monitor Cover is a must have. I would not shoot without it on my Camera. I just wish Nikon offered an upgraded cover that would not scratch so easily. I am not hard on my equipment, but this cover scratches very easily.

Save 10% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment