Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Q-See QCN7002D 720p High Definition Indoor IP Dome Camera (White)

Q-See QCN7002D 720p High Definition Indoor IP Dome CameraThank you Amazon Vine program for allowing me to review this camera.

Physical description. This is a very small dome camera. Measures about 3.5 inches in diameter. The housing is plastic and the camera itself is mounted in a plastic dome. Although plastic, the camera seems durable. I accidentally dropped it off my table at a height of 3 ft onto hardwood floor. Still works fine. Nothing broken. Closer inspection showed that the camera does not appear to have any weather seals. I don't think you'd want to use this in an unprotected area. The camera is meant to be used with power over ethernet. There is a splitter, and it does come with a 12v power supply. I tested it with POE and the separate power supply, works both ways. Included with this package is a 100ft length of white Cat 5e cable. I have 2 of these cameras, neither one came with any instructions or software. Not knowing where to start, I did contact Qsee. I was able to talk to a live tech support person. Although polite, he was not helpful. It seemed to me that they don't cater much to the home user, but more towards the professional installer.

Their website is good. All the necessary software is available to download, though it did take some searching. To ease the pain for potential users, I'd recommend downloading the user's manual first and read it for a good overview. Then download 2 programs: ConfigTool and Professional Surveillance System (PSS). The ConfigTool program detects all the Qsee cams on your network, provides with network address, and allow you to change the IP address, as well as other functions. Just a qualifier, I'm not an IT expert, so perhaps it took me much longer to figure some of this out. The camera can operate with DHCP (your router gives it a temporary IP address) or with static IP. Both my cameras came with static IP addresses. Ones that didn't match my network. It took me a while to figure out that the default on the camera was 192.168.1.xxx. My network was 192.168.0.xxx. Once I changed the IP address to match my network, I was able to access the camera via the web browser. The default username/password is admin/admin. I followed he directions word for word, and was able to get into the web interface of the camera to make some changes. I really like that you can put images to overlay your video. But to this day I'm not able to view live video within any of my browsers. This is not important to me since I use Blue iris to manage all my cameras. This camera does work with Blue iris software btw. The PSS software is excellent. Very easy to use. Flexible, and stable. You can view up to 64 devices simultaneously. Functionally it's very similar to Blue iris. The interface is more graphical, and nicer looking. I actually like it better than Blue iris. And it's free. But, it only works with Qsee cameras. I tried to pull up my foscam and Logitech cameras, and no luck.

Functionally, this camera has very good image quality. Better than the Foscam 8910, and almost the same as the Logitech alert. It does seem to do very well in low light. Better than the previously mentioned cameras. In fact, much better. However, there is no infrared illumination. This means that in dim light, this camera is great. In pitch black, it can't pick up anything. Additionally, this camera seems to lack some other important functions. There is no tilt, pan, or zoom. There is no audio.

I've not tested the mobile app for this camera.

Overall, this camera probably resembles the Logitech alert outdoor camera, but perhaps serves a different market. Both cameras are priced about the same, have similar image quality. The Logitech has audio. Neither have zoom, tilt, or pan. The Logitech is weather sealed, can record locally onto an microSD card. But the software stinks and you're limited to 6 cameras. As a home user, I find the Logitech more attractive. The Qsee has much better software, and is much more flexible in terms of expansion. But probably best suited to provide video security in a warehouse setting or some sort of business setting where flexibility and image quality takes precedence over features.

The camera is stationary, so if you need one that can move, this is not for you.

That being said, I liked most everything else about it. The picture quality was good.

, I found installation easy after reading the manual, and for home use, this fit the bill.

Buy Q-See QCN7002D 720p High Definition Indoor IP Dome Camera (White) Now

I bought this camera to monitor a vacation home and I am grad I did. Now, I have piece of mind and can always check to make sure no one is breaking in.

Read Best Reviews of Q-See QCN7002D 720p High Definition Indoor IP Dome Camera (White) Here

I should have read more closely. I've been using so many other wifi connected products like Belkin WeMo Home Automation Switch + Motion Sensor bundle for Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch that I just assumed this nifty looking camera was wireless (to the internet) as well. It isn't. I'm just too lazy to string it though the walls. Better for someone building their house or handier than I am. Foscam FI8910W Pan & Tilt IP/Network Camera with Two-Way Audio and Night Vision (Black) looks like a better deal for me, although not as aesthetically pleasing.

Want Q-See QCN7002D 720p High Definition Indoor IP Dome Camera (White) Discount?

No comments:

Post a Comment