Friday, February 28, 2014

C2G / Cables to Go 40575 TruLink HDMI over Coax Receiver, Black

C2G / Cables to Go 40575 TruLink HDMI over Coax Receiver, BlackProduct functioned as advertised. Took a couple of tries to find the right refresh rate @59Hz. There was nothing in the instructions that told us to check the output rate. Once we got it set up, it's been great to have.

Also, good to note that the ends are BNC and not F-Connectors.

This is a great product! Easy to use and set up, but make sure and pic up some F to BNC connectors from RadioShack. It needs an IR repeater with it...

Buy C2G / Cables to Go 40575 TruLink HDMI over Coax Receiver, Black Now

I have 2 of these. Tried the first one to connect Hdmi from a matrix in the pool house to the main house. That run of cable is over 250ft and it works great. Ordered a second one t feed to the Master bedroomover 300ft. It has a little ghosting on my old CRT TV, but it looks great!

Read Best Reviews of C2G / Cables to Go 40575 TruLink HDMI over Coax Receiver, Black Here

This did not work for me, as the audio would not sync with the video, as well as every 5 or 10 or so seconds I would get a very brief audio dropout. The audio was 3 to 5 seconds out of sync.

Before hooking up everything I tested it with the following set-up:

DirecTV HR-24 DVR

3 foot HDMI cable

C2G Transmitter

6 foot RG-6 cable

C2G Receiver

3 foot HDMI cable

Plasma TV

This hookup is about as simple as it could be. I tried several different HDMI cables and RG-6 cables. I also used it with a second generation Apple TV as the video source with the same results.

I contacted C2G, and they said they had never heard of such a problem, and suggested that I replace the units. I ordered the replacement from Amazon (very easy!), but the replacement has exactly the same problem.

I have an RG-6 cable and a Cat-5e cable going to where the TV that I want to remote from my DirecTV box is located. I really wanted to be able to use RG-6 coax to remote my HDMI connection to my outdoor SkyVue TV, as I wanted to use the Cat 5e cable in the wall where I want the TV to connect it to my Internet service. Too bad.

I guess that was not to be. I am returning the replacement C2G boxes and am going to try the Altona AT-HDTX transmitter and AT HDRX receiver which is the latest Altona HDMI over single Cat-5e system because other, older Altona systems have all positive reviews. I will post a review for the Altona system once I have received and tested it.

Update, May 18, 2013

Instead of trying the Atlona, I bought a set of the Cable Matters HDMI over HDBaseT from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005H4Y6TA/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They work perfectly, straight away, over a run of about 150 feet of Cat 5e cable. See my further review on this product's page

Want C2G / Cables to Go 40575 TruLink HDMI over Coax Receiver, Black Discount?

We bought 2 of these and didn't open the second one for 6 weeks. It's dead out of the box and if I read the return policy correcttly we're SOL, or at best will only get a 80% refund plus we have to pay the shipping. Test them right away.

Save 28% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment