Monday, February 24, 2014

Olympus TG-310 Tough 14.0 MP Digital Camera with 3.6x Wide Optical Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD, (Blue)

Olympus  TG-310  Tough 14.0 MP Digital Camera with 3.6x Wide Optical Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD,We bought this as a wedding gift for our best friends. The reason we chose this item was because it was damage resistant and bright to find if set down outside. {The bride lost her first camera, so we needed something to help combat that.}

They took it to Cancun and had it in and out of the water for 7 days straight. The camera freezes if it goes past 10 feet, they learned, but if you follow the cleaning instructions, it'll come out unscathed. Which to me, is amazing and totally worth the money!

It has several features they've found awesome and helpful, the slideshow when looking for a specific picture, the option to take several pictures at once and have it merged together as one was another.

The reason for only 4 stars is the battery life. The camera dies after about 150 pictures, and that is honestly a downer. Especially if you want to take it anywhere that you'll be snapping several pictures...usually vacations.

However the quality of the photos, the amazing durability of the camera, and the fun color options, can outweigh the one negative. Just charge it often, or buy a second battery to keep as a backup.

I am going to buy one for myself, I'm that sold on it!

This'll be my third model and fifth camera of the Stylus Tough series. Already had this same one for six months, took it too deep skin diving. NOT a dive camera, but truly tough and weatherproof. I've lost three cause they go where a camera should not go. A high end card helps a lot with recycle speed. I'm trying orange to help with losing it problem. If you've ever drowned a camera in the rain or ruined one with dirt, think about this oneit's impervious, I would hand it to a three year old in a mud puddle!

Buy Olympus TG-310 Tough 14.0 MP Digital Camera with 3.6x Wide Optical Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD, (Blue) Now

Bought this camera to take on a cruise to the Bahamas. Took a couple of pictures before the trip just to make sure it worked, and all seemed good.

The first 5 days of the cruise (including 2 snorkeling expeditions where I didn't get near to 10 feet underwater), it worked great. Good color rendition, and the panoramic feature was so much more simple than other point-and-shoot digital cameras that I have had. The pictures were nice, and it worked great under water. Sadly, towards the end of the 5th day, the view screen stopped working. It would come on for a couple of seconds and then go blank. I recharged the battery a couple of times, and even tried our spare battery, but that didn't help.

The camera didn't leak in the battery compartment, so if it was caused by water leaking in, it came from some other part of the camera.

Fortunately, we had our Kodak digital camera with us on the trip, so we were still able to take lots of pictures of the Bahamas and Key West.

Sadly, the Olympus went back to the store for a refund. If it couldn't hold up on a fairly tame cruise, I just couldn't justify getting a new one for potential future vacations like white water rafting that I would want a waterproof, shock-friendly camera for.

I have a good Canon DSLR for serious photography. We bought this camera to take snapshots on the cruise, and for future vacations. The camera has nice features, and worked great while it worked. Sadly, since it didn't last 5 full days, I really wouldn't recommend buying one.

Read Best Reviews of Olympus TG-310 Tough 14.0 MP Digital Camera with 3.6x Wide Optical Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD, (Blue) Here

I purchased the Olympus TG-310 on a cruise when I dropped a broke my camera. It was my first waterproof camera and I was really impressed with the price and what it could do. WARNING: Make sure to LOCK the camera when you are using it in and under water. I did not and the second day of owning it I got it filled with salt water and couldn't use it for the rest of the trip. Thankfully, Olympus stayed true to their warranty and when I arrived home from the cruise sent it in to get fixed, free of charge. Good company and good camera! Very happy with my purchase.

Want Olympus TG-310 Tough 14.0 MP Digital Camera with 3.6x Wide Optical Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD, (Blue) Discount?

I bought this camera and floating case prior to a cruise with some friends and it is WORTH EVERY PENNY. We swam with stingrays, snorkeled, explored caves, kayaked, and hung out in the pool and got terrific pictures without having to worry about damaging the camera. Features are easy-to-use and can also do panoramic photos; battery life is a bit limited but I solved this by buying a second battery--extremely afforadable on Amazon. Takes great pictures EVEN UNDERWATER (I used a 8gig memory card and saved all photos on the highest resolution so they'll print out suitable for hanging up at home later) and good indoor/non adventure kind of pictures. Downside: lengthy time between when you push the button and when the photo actually takes.

Save 15% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment