Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Olympus XZ-10 iHS 12MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3-Inch LCD (Black)

Olympus  XZ-10 iHS 12MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3-Inch LCDUnlike the other 2 reviews I actually do own this camera. I was frustrated by the terrible low light quality of my phone but I cant always be lugging my Canon DSLR and 2 extra lenses to concerts or nights out. I did some research and found this camera. I took it to a concert this week and WOW, great performance, battery didnt even drain 1 tick, and I was really happy with what came out. I took some pictures the same night in the same places with my phone and the quality was night and day.

The only reason I gave it a 4/5 is that I threw away the camera manual and there isnt a PDF version on the Olympus website. Without it I cant figure out what all of the modes exactly mean and I feel like I am missing some features.

I dont really care about the Pop Art modes or anything like that but I do like that the camera mode is just a button on the back, so no matter what mode you are in you can quickly switch to movie mode and take a full HD video.

Although I don't own the XZ-10 (yet), I don't want people to be put off by the 3 Star rating by the writer of "good but no match for xz1", so I will give it 5 stars. Just to put it back in balance :-D

Although the XZ-10 has a smaller 1/2.3" CMOS sensor (better suited for high iso pics) than the XZ-1's 1/1.63" CCD sensor (keeps better detail), it does have Olympus' newer TruePic VI image processor. The same as in the excellent Olympus OM-D E-M5.

The photos I've seen online show impressive results for such a small sensor camera.

Furthermore, the XZ-10 and the XZ-1 are in a different price range. The XZ-10's initial $400 is about $100-150 cheaper than the XZ-1 when it came out last year. And maybe the price will drop.

Lastly, the XZ-10 is a front shirt pocket camera with a retractable lens, while the XZ-1 (and XZ-2) is not.

From what I've read and seen on the web so far about the XZ-10, it seems to be quite a capable little camera.

For me it is a serious contender.

Buy Olympus XZ-10 iHS 12MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3-Inch LCD (Black) Now

I already own the xz1 which is excellent bar the video and low light . I was hoping the cmos sensor would be a step up despite the smaller sensor size . but not to be Ill keep the xz1

Read Best Reviews of Olympus XZ-10 iHS 12MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3-Inch LCD (Black) Here

No comments:

Post a Comment