Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sunpak Pro 423PX Carbon Fiber 3 Section Tripod with Compact Pistol Grip Ball Head & Case + Clea

Sunpak Pro 423PX Carbon Fiber 3 Section Tripod with Compact Pistol Grip Ball Head & Case + Cleaning Kit for Nikon D3000, D3100, D5000, D7000, D90, D300s, D3, D3s, D3x Digital SLR CamerasPros:

I've taken many sharp macro photos with this tripod. Mainly with a Canon T3i and Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro lens.

it is very light, compact and easy to carry on a photo shoot

Drawbacks:

the pistol grip is difficult to position and it drifts slowly

at least one of the leg clamps has to be tightened after every photo shoot because it has become loose

the legs are skinny which makes the whole tripod rather wobbly. I have to wait for the vibration to stop before shooting.

Overall it's been an OK tripod for the price. Not great, but OK. However I am definitely ready to move up to a better tripod because I am tired of compensating for the Sunpak's defects. Which one? The jury is still out.

I would definitely appreciate some comments from satisfied users of better tripods so I can make my decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment