Friday, August 30, 2013

Acer ColorBoost II Projector (X1261P)

Acer ColorBoost II ProjectorWassup people!

I had been searching amazon for months to buy me a projector on my bday. Went thru 100s of projectors, compared each of their attributes on external sites, and then finally decided to go for this model. Here's what i feel about this proj:

1. No setup required. Plug n Play.

2. The warm colors projected by this is a.w.e.s.o.m.e

3. Contrast could have been a lil higher (though in this range, this model has the best among other projs, cept 1161p which has 4000:1)

4. Plays any format, any "p" (720, 1080) seamlessly.

5. Good native res, n pretty good scaling fr non native res too.

6. 3D WORKS!! (all u need is a graphics card capable to refresh at 120hz!)

7. Good brightness. You can see things in white light, in daylight a lil lesser.

8. Text is sharp. i have a nearly 6' high image in my room and text is great.

If you looking for a budget proj, this will more than do for you.

i put avatar (blu ray) and was blown away by the quality of the projection.

The only thing that bothers me is that one of the edges is lil soft. On googling this i found that one needs to have the proj at right angles to the screen (n my wooden desk isn't exactly straight :)).

also, playing games is simply amazing!

put up NFS undercover was blown away agn

put up Assassins creed simply loved the graphics

my LCD now sits in the corner. Am hooked to this thing ;)

before buying this though, do know that this is NOT a home theatre proj with 50k:1 contrast and all.

The reason i bought this even though it doesn't have hdmi, coz its worth only if u buying a top notch proj to have an hdmi (for xbox ps3 wateva)

Get/download good hi-def movies, hook up your sound system and you are ready!

hope this review helps ;)

I needed a replacement for my aging and fading projector, which I use for home-cinema purposes. This one seemed to have good specs (XGA and high brightness) for the low price. Setup was really easy, the unit is very compact and light weight, comes with a nice carrying case for those who need it. I watched the latest Pirates movie as a test case. This is a movie with a lot of dark night scenes, which made watching it on my old projector a headache. With the new one, it was great!! Brightness / contrast / color definition are all really good. I highly recommend this projector for home cinema for those who (like me) cannot afford to throw in a couple grand. Since its so small and light and comes with a carrying case, it would seem to me to be a good deal for office / business use, too.

Buy Acer ColorBoost II Projector (X1261P) Now

I opened the box and hooked it up to my macbook pro. It is a very good, clear picture and will work fantastic for presentations. No brains needed to get it working

Read Best Reviews of Acer ColorBoost II Projector (X1261P) Here

I got this projector for doing a slideshow at my wedding, and it was plenty bright to do the trick. (Bright room, 10' picture).

I now use it for a home theater projector, and it is OK at that. It doesn't have HDMI, only analog inputs, and VGA.

The picture it produces is super bright and vibrant, but at closer viewing distances, the screen door effect is apparent.

So, is it a great projector? No, not really.

Is it an adequate projector? Yah. It gets the job done, and is well priced. I don't regret my purchase.

Want Acer ColorBoost II Projector (X1261P) Discount?

Preface: I have little experience with projectors, this was my first one.

I have little experience with 3D, this was my first device.

I purchased this projector purely for gaming. Paired up with a set of NVIDIA 3D Vision Glasses Kit w/StarcCraft II and a recent nvidia video card, this projector takes you to a whole new world. My current setup has the projector 10 feet away from the screen, upside down on a shelf 80" up the wall pointing at the opposite wall 10 feet away. The projector throws a 78" screen at that distance and each pixel comes out crystal clear. I crafted a screen from 2 yards of 53" blackout material and some 1 x 2s for a frame and hung it on the far wall for under $20. To play my games I'm sitting behind a table 5 feet from this huge screen and it fills my vision not unlike an imax movie would.

I spent the first hour with it on just wandering around in Skyrim looking at the most mundane things in awe.

Here are a list of comments I made

"WOW"

"Whoa"

"OH MY GOD"

"That wolf chewing on me looks awesome!"

"I can see right through that skeleton"

"I can feel the ice in this cave"

"Why would anyone play this game any other way"

"I mustn't cry, It'll short out the 3D glasses"

Those who are concerned about the low resolution for gaming, it's not an issue for 3D mode. The way the shutter glasses work, each pixel gets used by your eyes twice except at screen depth creating a much richer screen. The lower resolution also means that you'll be able to crank up all of the settings in whatever game you're playing with no loss of performance. With a Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTS450 1 GB DDR3 2DVI/Mini HDMI PCI-Express Video Card GV-N450D3-1GI I was able to crank up every slider on Skyrim to maximum with no ill effects.

Because DLP is so fast, the 3D effect has zero ghosting, allowing your eyes to focus much better than with most of the LCD monitors I've seen. Using a small 3D monitor also causes something I've heard describe as "toyification" where the size of the figures on the screen become diminutive because of the perception of size that accompanies the 3D effect. With the convergence settings the huge screen allows me to use, In Skyrim 3rd person view, my character is sitting within arms reach of me and the first 10 feet of the world are in the office with me filling my view. I literally feel the ground move under me.

The projector can really throw a screen on just about any reasonably flat surface and the auto keystone will give you something square. The picture, however, is not ideal due to the way it uses anti-aliasing to get there. The result is muddy text and it creates a candy cane effect on all vertical lines. I spent a great deal of time getting the projector to be at just the right height and perfectly square to the screen to make sure I didn't have to use the keystone feature.

Benefits:

3D Vision Ready

Bright beautiful image

Easy setup

Truly epic gaming potential

Problems:

DLP Lamp will eventually die much earlier than a monitor

Getting just the right height and angle to the screen

Finding little desire to interact with the real world

Save 13% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment