Saturday, August 31, 2013

ALZO Shock Multi-Mount for Shotgun Microphones & Audio Recorders - includes Zoom H4n, TASCAM for DS

ALZO Shock Multi-Mount for Shotgun Microphones & Audio Recorders - includes Zoom H4n, TASCAM for DSLR and Camcorder Video RecordingI purchased this after buying another product to suspend my Zoom H4N. The first product was cheap, but too small, so I bit the bullet and bought this one. I am pleasantly surprised by the build quality of the item. The problem people are talking about is there the parts you mount on the main bracket do not tighten properly, so there is "play" in the fit, they wobble a bit. I remedied this by simply wrapping black electrical tape ONE time around, poking a hole thru the tape, and attaching and tightening, and it is a nice snug fit, no extra cost. You could also use two very thin rubber or plastic washers, but either way, it is a minor issue. The thing is solid, has great options for attaching accessories, and holds my Zoom H4N suspended just like I needed. It's a little heavy to lug around attached to your DSLR, but otherwise this is a good product.

Great concept, poor execution. The inability to fully tighten one of the mounting brackets should really be addressed by the manufacturer. Also it is a bit pricey for what it is especially given its flaw. Contemplating returning mine.

Buy ALZO Shock Multi-Mount for Shotgun Microphones & Audio Recorders - includes Zoom H4n, TASCAM for DS Now

I just received this mount. First, in terms of isolating a recorder, it does that very nicely...and there are not many other options out there. The problem is with the screws that hold it together. They cannot be torqued down enough to keep the unit tightly together. I ended up stripping two out. So, if you attach just a light recorder, it's not the end of the world. But, if you attach anything else, like a light or monitor, it's wobbly. Maybe yours will tighten. Mine simply would not. I ended up using a metal adhesive to hold everything together...and I'll see how that goes. I don't plan to reconfigure it...so I don't mind making the current configuration permanent. I give it three stars because I like the concept...but that's being a little generous. Good concept...poor manufacturing/components.

Read Best Reviews of ALZO Shock Multi-Mount for Shotgun Microphones & Audio Recorders - includes Zoom H4n, TASCAM for DS Here

I purchased this item to hold my Tascam DR-40 recorder on my DSLR rig to avoid the handling noise that was being transferred through the Tascam's 1/4-20 screw mount. It does a decent job of holding the recorder, and is pretty adjustable to accomidate future recorders or shotgun microphones. It eliminated all normal handling noise I was having, and still allowed me to view the Tascam's lcd screen.

My only gripe with this mount would be the shoe mount. It is difficult to tighten enough to really keep it in place. I think I will need to find a different knob that can give me more torque for tightening. In hindsight, I think it should be priced closer to the $30 area, but considering there are few good vibration dampening solutions out there for these field recorders, they can charge whatever they want.

Want ALZO Shock Multi-Mount for Shotgun Microphones & Audio Recorders - includes Zoom H4n, TASCAM for DS Discount?

This is a great mount for microphones and other accessories for video. I wish some of the screws connected tighter. I really had to put a lot of force to tighten it. Other then that its a great product.

No comments:

Post a Comment