Thursday, November 28, 2013

Canon PowerShot A100 1.2MP Digital Camera

Canon PowerShot A100 1.2MP Digital CameraWonderful Camera! This is my first digital camera, but I've used them and work and my wife has one also. This Canon A100 is easy to use, Takes clear pictures, and does not drain the batteries. It has been a real joy to own.

The only drawback was no optical zoom, but that I still think for the price it is a great camera to own, I take my everywhere.

Expecting a new baby, my wife and I decided to buy a digital camera. After a lot of research we settled on the Canon A100. We had very little digital camera experience so we made our pick of the A100 mostly on price.

To our suprise, the camera performs very well in all lighting conditions. We have taken several shots indoors without the flash (to protect the baby's eyes) and they generally turn out great.

This camera also has a video mode the performs quite well. It takes 20 second clips (without sound) and performs better than other cameras I've tried that cost twice as much.

For a good, all purpose, all around camera that you aren't afraid to use (drop, have stolen, misplace) I believe you cannot do any better.

You must purchase rechargable batteries, so keep that in mind when comparing to other cameras.

Buy Canon PowerShot A100 1.2MP Digital Camera Now

After having a terrible experience with a 2.0 MP machine I strongly recommend this machine if you want an easy to use digital camera which can take very good pictures especially in darker environments. :)

Read Best Reviews of Canon PowerShot A100 1.2MP Digital Camera Here

I still believe in the quality of Canon cameras but after using this one for a few months, it's been increasingly difficult to get it to take pictures. When I press the button for it to take, it often does not actually take the picture and must be pressed repeatedly for it to take. I thought perhaps this was just a problem with my camera but my friend has a PowerShot A200 and complains of the same problem. This presents a frustrating problem because I cannot ask other people to take pictures for me as they do not necessarily know how to "coerce" the camera. The other problem I've encountered is that you can't change the manual/automatic settings without turning on the LCD. This causes an enormous drain on the battery. The settings are also difficult to find if you don't have your user's manual at hand.

Other than these problems, this is a great little digital camera at a good price. The pictures I have taken successfully with this camera have all turned out good and clear.

Want Canon PowerShot A100 1.2MP Digital Camera Discount?

I ordered this because I wanted a simple camera. BOY IS THE INSTRUCTION BOOKLET COMPLICATED. Explanations are very poor. Installation is tricky. Have to read VERY carefully because nothing is explained well. There is also no telephone support from Canon. Strictly, do it yourself.

The camera eats up batteries. The instructions say when you download pictures to your computer you should have the camera connected to the electric supply. However, the AC adaptor is an extra cost item that doesn't come with the camera. Also, the camera cannot draw power from the USB plug in. Why not?? A wonderful feature of USB is that it can power accessories. Lastly, the USB connection is via a propritary cord, not a standard USB connector. I was very disappointed to find such inconvenience and lack of thinking from Canon. Yes, the pictures are fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment