Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Foscam FI8904W Outdoor Wireless/Wired IP Camera - 3 Pack

Foscam FI8904W Outdoor Wireless/Wired IP Camera - 3 PackIt was touch & go to start with. Could not get it to work for like three days. my son-n-law came to take a look. It took him two days but he got it up and running. I put them up at our vaction home. Now I check every day to see whats up at the beach. They record when they detect movement. There is a begal a cat that run thourgh the yard form time to time. Anyway not very user frindly to put in but once it is up and running Alsome. Its nice to keep an eye on the vaction house from home. And i can tell when the grass needs to be cut.

I actually love my camera's! The picture quality is fantastic! I would have given them five stars but the mounts could be much better. Great camera but terrible mount. That makes no sense to me. Easy enough to fix/change if you the least bit handy yourself.

Buy Foscam FI8904W Outdoor Wireless/Wired IP Camera - 3 Pack Now

Have 4 of these around the house and hardly ever an issue. Like most have said the brackets that come with it are crap so go buy a $10 mount and u will be totally happy. Easy config all 4 were up within 15 minutes. People that complain about setup must not know a single thing about there one network and honestly should probably not run one but have someone do it for them. Again love them thinking of buying another three pack to replace the dlink dcs3420 that I have that are 4 years old

Read Best Reviews of Foscam FI8904W Outdoor Wireless/Wired IP Camera - 3 Pack Here

I'm not very happy with my purchase. I had previously bought three of the model FI8905W. I wish I bought more of them instead of buying model FI8904W. The main issue is that I have not been able to make them work on my dns website. They work fine with Blue Iris, but I can't view them on the web like the other ones. The other thing I did not like about these ones is that you can only mount them from underneath. The other ones have mounting options from the top or the bottom. I wanted this model because it is a wider viewing angle, but the 9105s were so much easier to set up. I wish I'd picked up more of those instead.

Want Foscam FI8904W Outdoor Wireless/Wired IP Camera - 3 Pack Discount?

Did have problems with one that took a couple of weeks to resolve. Ended up, with Foscam support on the phone, to determine there was a problem with the wireless. Foscam does not pay for return shipping. Noticed while this was going on that the serial number of the camera did not match the box. Makes me think the company is re-shipping returns. Did not appreciate that. Replacement camera works fine.

It appears this style camera is sold under different brand names. (I've tried a couple of others) Foscam brand seems to be the best. Instruction manual needs to be written better for all of them. To get full functionality of the software you have to use Internet Explorer (32 bit) and allow ActiveX. Don't like that. Software was obviously written by programmers and not driven by consumer. A major complaint is that when you get ready to leave the house and want to activate the camera alarm, you have to log into each camera to arm it. There needs to be a central piece of software that you can click to activate the motion alarm on all cameras in the network.

Setup is fairly simple if all you want is a live picture. I would suggest you give the camera a static IP address so every time there is a router reset (power dip) you will get the same IP address again. If you want to have remote access then you will have to learn a little networking to set up port forwarding. You can use a company server that is in the far east somewhere for remote access. I choose not to do that. I access the cameras via remote by direct IP address.

Over all I am fairly satisfied with the Foscam brand camera. It would be better if it were more of a wide angle. I will give Foscam a thumbs up for support. My experience is other brands have no, or hard to reach, support.

No comments:

Post a Comment