Monday, April 28, 2014

Genius Colorpage-SF600 Sheet fed Scanner

Genius Colorpage-SF600 Sheet fed ScannerThis is a great little scanner. It scans anything from a business card up to at least a letter size page. I haven't tried a legal size page. I did have a hard time getting it to run on my computer which has the Windows 7 operating system. I was basically trying to pound a square peg into a round hole. After about 2 hours I finally got smart and went to the company site, , and downloaded the correct drivers. From there it was a cinch, only took about 2 minutes to have it up and running. I recommend if you are running Windows 7 that you download the proper drivers first. It will save you a lot of frustration.

I recently purchased this scanner mainly because it was portable and I do alot of traveling that requires my receipts to be scanned and sent in. So far, so good. The installation was not as easy as they claim, however, I have been known to be computer-illiterate at times. But once I got it up and running it worked great. Be sure to change the settings of where you want your files to be saved in(which folder). I scanned the receipts right in and they did well. It was suggested to tape them to a piece of paper but I did not find that necessary. In addition, the holding dock has an empty bottom so you can store the USB cord inside. NOTEThis scanner also comes with a soft case so there is no need to buy the "recommended" case with it for $16.00. I hope this helps everyone. This was the cheapest scanner with the best reviews and I think it does it's job.

Buy Genius Colorpage-SF600 Sheet fed Scanner Now

the Genius Color page sf600 scans in good speed and takes very little desktop space. The image on the page is wrong and this is why the previous customer thought he received the wrong product and had to return it. I can scan jpeg and convert it to pdf format. Pretty handy. Scans letter size document too.

Read Best Reviews of Genius Colorpage-SF600 Sheet fed Scanner Here

Physically seemed like a nice piece of hardware but it simply didn't work. Installed the drivers from the web rather than the disk so I would be sure to have the latest version. Seemed to install properly and asked me to do a calibration after install. Since the calibration ran fine I assumed install was correct. When I tried to scan I got images that looked like digital noise. Tried multiple times with the Digiscan software, omni page, and with the Business card reader. Never got anything but noise. Tried to call tech support but they were closed. Software seemed cumbersome anyway. Decided to just return it. Am going to try the Fujitsu ScanSnap 1300. More money and larger but hopefully will work better. Scanners aren't rocket science and they aren't new so I don't know why they shouldn't just work right out of the box.

Want Genius Colorpage-SF600 Sheet fed Scanner Discount?

I looked a while for a sub $100 compact scanner for my desk. (I already have a big expensive bulky flatbed I drag out of storage and use for slide and serious image scanning.) I wanted to use this to get all those everyday loose papers and receipts in electronic format and trash the paper and eliminate paper piles.

As described the unit is compact and powered by the USB cable so it has a minimal footprint on your desk and doesn't consume an outlet. Along with the provided software it has two hardware buttons you can preset for one touch scanning. I have one set to scan as OCRed PDFs and the other to scan jpg. You simply press the button and it scans according to the buttons presets. You can also manually scan and use software button presets. It pulls the items right on through at a good pace and they display in the supplied scan/document management tool. From there you can sort your scans as you desire.

I did have to cajole the driver a bit to install on Windows 7 but I finally got it installed (So don't give up)

For under $100 I could not be more pleased with the performance and options.

Save 20% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment